Monday, January 7, 2008

4.1.08 Third Saraguro Workshop


I took some pictures from the last workshop I gave on a nice Friday morning.
My grandma has always been saying that I have a "stomach memory" (I remember events according to the food I ate there). Also here, each one brought something nice to eat but there was one very special Salad I really liked. It is made of chickpeas grains, cumin grains, red capsicum, parsley, sunflower seeds, home-made burgundy olives, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red paprika, cumin and I am sure I forgot something. I hope to get the recipe.

One of the students, Sima (ימהS), a multiartistic woman, who does among other things wonderful felt creations, has finished very shortly a beautiful Hojas bracelet.

http://pic.hevre.co.il/UserAlbum.asp?uid=73082E5368D549ECB442F167A4373DE7&alid=

In this workshop some of the girls worked with size 10 or 9 seed beads for the drop earring and I think it looks very nice on them. The 11 seed beads can be too small or too delicate to my opinion.

No comments: