Sunday, October 25, 2009

25.10.09 Interconnected loops of the "Ring Around the Rosie", designed by Jill Wiseman

About a year ago, I saw somewhere on the net this gorgeous Jill Wiseman's earrings that I find so charming in their simplicity.
I saved the image in my "interesting folder" to bead one day...
It came up that I found myself in this folder again today and I could see those striking earrings there. I decided to try them out.
I asked Omer what color does he advise me to make them so that it can suit one of my wardrobe clothes. He suggested Lilac purple and I was convinced I should try something else than turquoise, though this turquoise was just hypnotizing...
Apparently my fingers or brain didn't resist the temptation and I ended up with almost the same earrings. A bit disappointing from my side...
I sew the loops one to another so that each earring will stand flat. This way, it looks to me nicer.

The earrings took me maximum 3 hrs in total and can be considered as a fun and relatively quick project [and quick=great! ;-)]

Thank you Wisewoman :-)

This Wax Vine or Hoya cornosa (בת שבע) has nothing to do with the earrings, but I am so excited that it flowers for the first time with us, that I really wanted to share it. I still want to have one day the Hoya with the round inflorescence, like a ball, nevertheless, it's great to have this Hoya flowering, because it's been years with nothing... If you like this plant, you may enjoy the following link and especially this one.

4 comments:

Jill Wiseman said...

You're welcome! I'm glad you love them - and they look just lovely!

judith27k said...

Thanks Jill! You amazed me with your quickness to respond ;-)
Have a great day,

Judith

Unknown said...

Thank you for good words about my web: http://wax-plant.com Contact me in spring, and remind me about Hoya carnosa, I’ll send you one free.
My regards. Nikolai.

Nikolai said...

Thank you for good words about my web: http://wax-plant.com Contact me in spring, and remind me about Hoya carnosa, I’ll send you one free.
My regards. Nikolai.