Wednesday, April 21, 2010

17-21.4.10 Baroque Spades Necklace Inspired by Varda's Netted Necklace


My friend Varda kindly sent me a scheme of a netted necklace she had designed. I haven't seen the necklace yet, but she asked me to try the scheme and tell her how it goes.
I opened the file and saw the first row, which seemed to me at 1st sight to be the whole necklace. I made one element and found it very nice. However, it looked to me too "simple" to repeat this element to the circumference of the neck. A flow of ideas ran through my mind and I decided to flew with them to finally come up without too much hurdles with my own design of the necklace you can see above.
Ammusingly, while chatting with Varda, I discovered I had actually missed the 3/4 of the scheme and related only to the 1st row out of 6 or 7 of them!
Thanks a lot Varda for being a source of inspiration to me!
I gave the necklace today to Nomnom for her coming birthday and another excuse for celebration... She will have to buy some purple clothes now - I know she is not so much excited about that ;-) ...

9 comments:

pajaro said...

Wonderful and I like this colour.

Girasole said...

Wow, it is wonderful.

judith27k said...

Thanks Pajaro!

judith27k said...

Thanks Girasole!

Gypsy said...

OK, I am impressed, very impressed! Such a beautiful lacey look!Aryd'ell

KATY said...

What a lovely necklace ! Congratulations to both of you !

Colette said...

I like it ! A beautiful creation !

judith27k said...

Thanks!

totikokobola said...

Es una maravilla. Y me encanta el colorido!!