Thursday, June 10, 2010

6-10.6.10 Brussels & Bruges

As mom told me, indeed the Brussels' "Manneken Pis" is very small and disappointing:
The big chocolate one is much more impressing...
This time I was especially interested in the famous Bruges' Lace, or "La dentelle de Bruge". The following picture was from a shop in Brussels:

After several working days in Brussels, I was lucky to be able to take a half day off in Bruges to better explore "La dentelle de Bruges".
Bruges is AMAZING!!! I really want to come back with Omer. It is a beautiful beautiful city with plenty of nice places and elegant shops.



and the Belgian chocolate, how can we resist it?
The "market square" at downfall:

the small bridges:










The calm and beautiful Beguinage:
some lace work demonstration from the Beguinage tiny museum:

I also visited the Lace centre/kantcentrum (at Peperstraat 3 St, near the "Eglise de Jerusalem") and must admit it was very disappointing. The lace creations are very poorly exposed and this is ashame. I also expected to see live demonstration and discovered it was only in very specific timings.
Finally, I did some craft shopping at the beautiful scharlaeken store, near the market square. They hold such amazing threads colors and variety, that I have never seen as such till now.


No comments: